LIME PANNA COTTA WITH RHUBARB COMPOTE
Ingredients for the panna cotta…
- 1 leaf of gelatine
- 200ml double cream
- 50ml milk
- 75g caster sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- (2 moulds for the panna cotta)
For the compote…
- 75g rhubarb
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 tbsp water
- Soak the gelatine in cold water so that it softens.
- Place the cream, milk and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling add the lime juice and zest and remove from the heat.
- Remove the gelatine from the water and squeeze out any excess water.
- Then dissolve it in the hot cream.
- Allow the cream to cool until just warm.
- Divide the mixture between two moulds and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set firm.
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, water and liqueur in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat, allow to cool.
- Store in the fridge until required.
- To serve unmould the panna cotta by dipping the mould in hot water for a few seconds.
- Turn out onto a plate.